Kane County Hospital seeks a Licensed Mental Health Therapist for our Outpatient Behavioral Health program in Kanab, UT. This is an onsite 40 hours/week position to provide individual and family counseling for adults and children. While the duties of this position are primarily for outpatient therapy, therapist may also be required to perform social service duties in the Emergency, Acute/Inpatient Departments as well as in our Long-Term Care facility. Must have or qualify for licensure in Utah – LCSW preferred. Supervision will be provided for those advancing towards independent licensure. Salary dependent on licensure and experience.
- Addresses referrals from providers including referrals via warm hand-offs from ED or clinic
- Provides therapy to clients in-person or via telehealth
- Completes required documentation and paperwork including biopsychosocial assessments, notes and treatment planning and implementation in a timely manner
- Demonstrates cultural competency and commitment to clients
- Maintain case load of 25-30 clients weekly
- While the duties of this position are primarily for outpatient therapy, LCSW may also be required to perform social service duties in the Emergency, Acute/Inpatient Departments as well as in our Long Term Care Facility
This position does not have supervisory responsibility.
In the course of performing this work, the incumbent:
- Will spend substantial time standing, sitting, speaking and listening
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
These specifications are general guidelines based on the minimum experience normally considered essential to the satisfactory performance of this job. Individual abilities may result in some deviation from these guidelines. Additional requirements include: 1) knowledge of electronic medical records; 2) knowledge of community and community resources; 3) ability to pass background check; 4) valid Utah Driver’s License; 5) TB Clearance; 6) flexibility to work overtime, holidays and weekends.
To perform effectively in this position, the incumbent must have/be:
- Working knowledge of behavioral health policies and procedures
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or ability to become licensed
- Knowledge and experience with evidence-based practices, including trauma informed care framework
- Knowledge and experience working with co-occurring populations (chronic health conditions, mental health and substance use)
- Strong clerical/administrative skills including personal computer skills (Microsoft Office software)
- Ability to make routine decisions and determine proper action based on experience within the limits of policy and procedures
- Demonstrated oral/written skills
- Ability to work effectively with people of diverse cultures, ages and economic backgrounds in a cultural competent and sensitive manner
Masters Degree in Social Work or related field from accredited university. LSCW in good standing in Utah.
Equipment & Software Operation
LCSW may operate any/all of the following equipment:
- Telephone, cell phone, fax
- Computer, printer and related equipment
- Copy machine
Computer software may include any or all of the following:
- Microsoft Office
- Internet applications such as Edge or Chrome
40 hours per week, regular business hours; on call as needed nights and weekends.
To apply click here.