Kane County Hospital understands our consumers’ needs for website accessibility and strives to closely follow the Web Content Accessibility guidelines outlined by the World Wide Consortium’s Web Accessibility Initiative. These guidelines are expanding to ensure everyone has access to electronic information via the web, and we adapt as changes are shared.
WHAT THIS MEANS TO YOU:
This website and future Kane County Hospital websites will be accessible to the best of our ability and provide people with disabilities the improved means to navigate, understand and interact with our website. Our websites are tested for accessibility on a periodic basis per World Wide Web Cosortium’s (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0.
Please Note, our efforts to provide the most accessible and usable web experience are ongoing. If you have specific questions, concerns or issues with the accessibility of our websites please email email@example.com or call (435) 644-5811
WEB ACCESSIBILITY TOOLS:
Kane County Hospital will use the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) and other tools as a guide to continually improve and test our website accessibility compliance.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. Kane County Hospital conforms with WCAG 2.1 level AA. This means that the content conforms to the accessibility standard without any exceptions.
Browser Compatibility & Assistive Technology
Kane County Hospital is designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies:
- The Kane County Hospital website is designed to be compatible with assistive technologies and the last two versions of all major browsers.
Kane County Hospital is not compatible with:
- In Internet Explorer 11 and in older browsers, many aspects of the website may not display optimally. The website is not designed for Internet Explorer 11 and earlier versions.
Accessibility of Kane County Hospital relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Kane County Hospital utilizes technology on its website that may require specific readers or viewers. Please contact us if you observe anything not listed below.
Additional Technology for Kane County Hospital:
- Adobe PDF Documents: Documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view, download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- YouTube Videos: While captions are available for videos through the embed player, additional video transcripts are available via direct link to YouTube through the embedded player.
Kane County Hospital provides this information regarding third-party links:
- The Kane County Hospital website contains links to websites hosted by third parties. Kane County Hospital does not make claims regarding the accessibility of third-party websites and is not able to make accommodations on such websites.