The Dietary Supervisor will direct the operation of the kitchen in the hospital to provide nutritious, well-prepared food for patients and staff. Will also assist in developing diets as appropriate for patients according to their medical needs.
- Supervise and schedule all dietary staff, hiring as needed, and dealing with all staff issues including disciplinary actions.
- Purchase/order all supplies needed by the department.
- Responsible for providing proper diet instructions and training/instruction per physicians’ orders.
- Create menus, perform all duties relating to required dietary and safety rules.
- Prepare and follow department budget.
- Work directly with consulting dietician to ensure quality meals for all patients and residents.
- Maintain and update department policies and procedures manual.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Ability to communicate with patients, residents, families, and staff, written and verbal.
- Ability to perform any job within the department when necessary.
- Excellent organizations skills and attention to detail.
- Understand and follow established policies and procedures; and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to learn and comprehend basic nutritional terminology.
- Must be able to understand physician orders, read therapeutic menus as well as a working knowledge of therapeutic diets and food service operations.
- Current Food Safety Manager Certification
- Hospital dietary and supervisory experience preferred
- Related post-secondary education preferred
- Ability to lift large storage containers and perform proper body mechanics to transport food and dishes.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer or standing may be required.
- Regular business hours, with occasional evening and weekend work, 40 hours per week
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, health savings account, life insurance, and 457(b) match
» KCH Employment Main Page