The Emergency Department at KCH is staffed and equipped for emergencies and patient services 24 hours a day 7 days a week. A physician is on call at all times. Our nurses have advance training in Cardiac Life Support, Trauma, Pediatrics and Stroke. We take the needs of our community very seriously, and strive to do what is necessary to provide superior care. Space is limited in the Emergency Department and due to privacy issues we ask that visitors are limited to one per patient in the Emergency Department.
When should you go to the Emergency Department?
* Difficulty breathing, shortness of breath
* Chest or upper abdominal pain or pressure
* Fainting, sudden dizziness, weakness
* Changes in vision
* Any sudden or severe pain
* Severe or persistent vomiting or diarrhea
* Coughing or vomiting blood
* Suicidal feelings
* Difficulty speaking
* Unusual abdominal pain
* Major injuries
* Any other emergency