At Kane County Hospital, we rely on our IT systems to support our medical staff and patients. We’re seeking an experienced systems administrator eager to use and grow his or her technological skills in the health industry. In this role, the successful individual will support employees, Infrastructure systems, implement new software and hardware, provide training, and carry out IT strategy as assigned. Our ideal candidate will be passionate about technology and supporting staff.
Objectives of this Role
- Maintain operating systems, security tools, applications, servers, laptops, desktops, software, and hardware.
- Own projects, solutions, and key responsibilities within a larger I.T. initiative.
- Implement best practices for I.T. systems in an environment that’s always up and running.
- Run helpdesk GLPI system, complete trouble tickets, and provide technical support.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Perform server administration tasks, including user/group administration, security permissions, group policies, research event log warnings and errors, and resource monitoring, ensuring system architecture components are healthy.
- Monitor data center health using preexisting management tools and respond to hardware issues as they arise; help build, test, and maintain new servers as needed.
- Maintain internal infrastructure refresh requirements including laptop and desktop computers, servers, routers, switches, firewalls, printers, phones, and security updates. Support internet, intranet, LANs, WANs, and network segments.
- Assist in troubleshooting, identifying root causes, and providing technical support.
- Perform routine/scheduled audits of the systems, including backups.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in technology or computer science or equivalent experience.
- Proven work experience in IT.
- Experience with or knowledge of programming languages and operating systems; current equipment and technologies, enterprise backup and recovery procedures, system performance-monitoring tools, active directories, virtualization, HTTP traffic, content delivery, and caching.
- Experience in project management, application design and integration, and cloud computing (specifically Microsoft Azure).
- Expertise in creating, analyzing, and repairing systems.
- Experience with VMware vCenter clusters.
- Knowledge of Unix system administration.
- Professional certifications.
- Able to lift at least 50 lbs.