Responsible to provide leadership and direction for facilities management, building operations, and maintenance for hospital, clinic, and ambulance building. Also responsible for managing purchasing for the facility.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Works directly with CEO in developing, planning, organizing, implementing, and managing compliant and efficient facilities operations.
- Provides management oversight in terms of hospital maintenance goals of quality, value, satisfaction, compliance, and standardization to increase the value of Kane County Hospital’s facilities investment by managing facilities, which includes quality of care.
- Implements operational strategies, system and site policies and procedures, and product and equipment standardization to realize compliance and operational efficiencies.
- Serves as the facilities coordination point and subject matter expert for all facilities management activities within the assigned facilities.
- Directly responsible to coordinate with construction, Strategic Planning, energy management, and sustainability to ensure safe, efficient, and effective projects in the facilities.
- Serves as the direct manager maintenance and facilities management functions and staff in the hospital, and is responsible to ensure proper maintenance, repair, operation, and efficiency of all assets.
- Responsible for the effective and compliant management of a significant portion of business within hospital operations with daily management of a maintenance operating budget.
- Consults with facilities leadership on questions related to growth of facilities and expansion of service lines affecting facilities.
- Works with human resources to evaluate and standardize staffing best practice, minimum job competencies, education, and roles and responsibilities.
- Responsible for all aspects of personnel management and leadership.
- Implements successful maintenance practices into facility’s daily operations by working collaboratively with caregivers within a facility, facilities staff, and administration.
- Implements strategies, and projects and programs that promote safety, collaboration, and teamwork among employees and stakeholders.
- Executes centrally developed facilities operations and operational best practices, including those around compliance and regulatory agencies.
- Coordinates with stakeholders during planning and execution of facility operation activities to assure safety, compliance, and continuity of business operations.
- Assists in the development of site operating budgets for facilities improvements and operations.
- Leads team to support and adopt best practices working toward continuous improvement.
- Stays abreast of best practices, new technologies, and acts as a subject matter expert and resource to others, advising on best practices and process improvement.
- Answers questions presented by key stakeholders about the services and products being delivered and develops efforts and methods to resolve conflicts.
- Serves as the facility representative at required meetings and functions, representing facilities operations, and discussing relevant objectives and plans.
- Supports best practices through collaborating to identify strategic issues and opportunities as they relate to facilities management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Facilities Management, Business Management, Construction Management, or Engineering, with three years of facilities management experience in a healthcare setting. – or – Five years of facilities management experience with three years of facilities management experience in a healthcare setting.
- Demonstrated strong communication, emotional intelligence, and the ability to influence across a diverse team.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) and Joint Commission requirements relating to the Environment of Care.
- Thorough understanding of OSHA and EPA regulations as they pertain to plant operation and maintenance.
- Demonstrated proven ability to multi-task and manage successful operations.
- Experience using word processing, spreadsheet, database, internet and e-mail, and scheduling applications.
- Experience in a role requiring effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Willing to travel as needed
- Operate computers, telephones, office equipment, and manipulate paper requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- See and read computer monitors and documents.
- Remain sitting or standing for long periods of time to perform work on a computer, telephone, or other equipment.
- Lifting and carrying supplies and equipment for facilities projects. Climbing, squatting, and kneeling to access areas work areas. Pulling and pushing carts or equipment needed for projects. Lifting up to 50 pounds at times.