This is a multifaceted leadership level position that will be responsible for clinical staff education and onboarding, clinical documentation functionality and processes (Cerner), as well as quality outcomes tracking, trending, and reporting.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Facilitates the integration of data, information and clinical knowledge to support patient care decision making.
- Translates and communicates clinical needs to information technology staff and works to develop appropriate solutions.
- Evaluates electronic solutions and develops implementation strategies to optimize software solutions.
- Conducts workflow analysis and makes recommendations for change management strategies.
- Conducts quality assurance testing prior to solution deployment to ensure functionality is working as designed.
- Works with other leaders and clinicians to develop implementation plans to support the transition to the new workflow.
- Provides support to clinicians during training, go-live and after go-live to ensure utilization of the solution is correct.
- Collaborates with compliance, patient accounting, legal and other departments to communicate and translate details of the electronic record to support the business needs of these areas.
- Conducts revenue enhancement activities in conjunction with coders to ensure electronic tools support new compliance rules. Monitors and reports outcomes of activities to hospital leaders.
- Conducts hardware assessments on the inpatient nursing units and develops a plan for upgrades and replacements to ensure clinicians have appropriate tools to support their practice.
- Coordinates with ITS and all departments to prepare for downtime situations.
- Collect and compile information to evaluate the quality of patient care.
- Promote quality and compliance outcomes across the organization by interpreting and applying processes and procedures.
- Implement clinical best practices and process improvements using a team approach.
- Investigate incidents through data collection and communicate findings with leadership and hospital board as needed.
- Complete data collection for metric tracking and trending.
- Perform routine record review and audits.
- Collaborate with leadership and clinical staff on quality metrics and trends.
- Three years RN experience in acute care hospital setting required.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and time management skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Informatics or clinical documentation specialist background preferred.
- Ability to develop and track participation for educational content.
- Bachelor degree in accredited nursing program preferred or
- Associate degree in accredited nursing program with extensive related experience.
- Degree or certification in informatics, clinical documentation specialty or equivalent experience preferred
- Must be able to withstand physical and emotional stress.
- Requires long hours of standing and moving and/or long hours sitting at a desk working on computer.
- Must be able to lift/carry 25-50 pounds at times.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without accommodation.
- Full time hourly position with both administrative and clinical practice hours included.
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, health savings account, life insurance, paid time off, and 457(b) match.